Monday, July 28, 2014

Post Service Plans

by Noemi Rodriguez serving at Youth Policy Institute

 
In a couple weeks I will be ending my time with the AmeriCorps program and ending a chapter in my life I thought I would not be able to survive. I entered into the AmeriCorps VISTA program with many years of experience in the education field, because of that I thought I would be able to glide problem free through my year of service. I could not have been anymore wrong.
This past year of services has been one of the toughest experiences of my professional as well as personal life. It pushed me into a space within me that I never knew existed, and for that I am eternally grateful to the experience and even more so to all the amazing people that I met along the way. I am confident now in my abilities and am eager to begin to create even more change within my community. I have begun looking into starting up my own nonprofit organization, benefiting the artistic youth within my community.
While I educate myself on the requirements needed in tackling such a large task I plan on continuing my work with my housing site. I have recently applied for a position that has opened at the school I am stationed at and am hoping to hear back from them soon. I am eager to see what will come next and am thankful to AmeriCorps for teacher me how to be a better version of myself.   

No comments:

Post a Comment