Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Atlant Civic Site - Post Service Plans

Photos from D.H. Stanton Elementary School
Atlanta Civic Site VISTA's
LaKenya Todd & Mercedez Williams

LaKenya Todd - Post Service Plans
After a year of actively engaging with parents, community leaders, members, and partners, I can definitely see myself trying to put myself in a setting where I can continue to bring stakeholders together in an effort to further make them aware of the higher education opportunities. I will continue to contribute my time, donations, and services to help within the school, community and my personal neighborhood. I will contribute my services to help and motivate others to become involved within the community.
I've always been motivated to assist, change and encourage the livelihood of children and people in general either through participation, volunteering or donations and that’s what I’m going to do. The skills and techniques that I have learned and will take into my next venture would be how to promote, recruit, retain volunteers, and engage low income residents and leaders and individuals. With this I’m now able to coordinate learning events for volunteers, residents and community leaders that helps improve the satisfaction and impact of volunteer engagements that integrates the long term programmatic goals of the Peoplestown Community.

Mercedez Williams - Post Service Plans

After successfully completing my service through Americorps, it is my hope and belief that I will continue on with my quest to positively impact the lives of those around me.With my background in social work and experience within the educational and juvenile judicial systems, I am seeking to be more or less in a similar setting where I am in a position to serve our youth.

Through my national service the two skills that I have been able to strengthen are networking and creating and maintaining partnerships.  Both of the skills are very important considering I will be  working with individuals on a daily basis.  These skills help with my profession because it allows me to collaborate with other agencies and organizations as well as provide a holistic approach that is beneficial to the familial system. 
I believe that by utilizing these skills and techniques it will allow me, in whatever position to be most effective in meeting the needs of the population.  Realistically speaking, a single agency is not equipped to  meet all of the needs surrounding a given person, but because I have been able to network and have been able to construct and maintain certain professional partnerships; I am in a place to refer clients out in order to fill the gap of what might not be available to the at my future agency.

No comments:

Post a Comment